Features about Alpine Recreation
Trekking & Snowshoeing
- Nouvelle Zélande/Mont Cook (in French)
Extract from an article published in 2003 in Trek Magazine, Grenoble, France. Author Christophe Raylat, Chief Editor www.trekmag.com
- Te Voet Langs Mount Cook: De Ball Pass Crossing (in Dutch)
Extract from an article published February 2006 in OP PAD Magazine, The Hague, Netherlands. Author Bas Kruisselbrink, www.oppad.nl
- Snowshoeing in the Two Thumb Range
An article by Lois McArtney about guided snowshoeing in the Lake Tekapo High Country.
An article by Michael Earle about guided snowshoeing in the Lake Tekapo High Country - 2015.
- Can a Tramper climb Mt. Cook?
Article published in Wilderness magazine, January 2015. www.wildernessmag.co.nz
- Keeping the Spirit of Youth Alive - Two Mountain Ascents for Seniors
68-year-old Graeme Donovan fulfills his long-held dream of climbing a mountain over 3000m. 75-year-od Peter Aimer climbs 3151m high Mount Sefton.
- Transalpine Journey Around Aoraki / Mount Cook
Article by James Broadbent about crossing Clarke Saddle, the La Perouse Glacier and Harper Saddle.
- Ski Touring Adventures on the Ice
Article by Matthew Flynn about ski touring in Antarctica and training for the expedition with Alpine Recreation.
- The Symphony on Skis
The original newspaper article of the "New Zealand Haute Route" which was pioneered by company founder Gottlieb Braun-Elwert together with Franz Waibl and Daniel Frey in a single day in 1985.
- Symphony on Skis - Ski Mountaineering in the Southern Alps
Article by Thomas MacTavish, published in New Zealand Skier Magazine, 2012.
- Nordic Ski Touring in New Zealand
An article by Ben Brockway about nordic ski touring in the Lake Tekapo High Country.
- Hut to Hut in New Zealand (in Japanese)
Article about ski touring in the Lake Tekapo High Country. Author Ken Fujikawa, photography Marcus Bird.
- Ski Grandiose au Pied du Mont Cook (in French)
Article published in 2011 in Ski Rando Magazine. Author Sylvio Egéa, www.skirandomag.com.